- With access to hiking Easy access to the Tahoe Rim Trail, Desolation Wilderness, and Mokelumne Wilderness
- Skiing with Kirkwood, Heavenly, and Sierra-At-Tahoe all 20 to 30 minutes away, snowshoeing on both groomed and ungroomed trails.
- Spectacular fall colors with the golden yellow aspens against the greens of the firs and pines at the intersection of Highway 89 and Hwy 88.
All these activities are far from the crowds, both cars and people. This one-acre lot sits at the end of a long driveway and backs up to Forest Service land and the Upper Truckee river. This is a rushing river that charges along when full with snow melt in the spring. The rest of the year it is tranquil and sometimes even wadeable in parts.
- Walk south along the river and you will come to large boulder fields where you can sit and enjoy a picnic lunch. Lodgepole pines, Douglas firs, and aspens in the front and backyard make a perfect area for young kids to explore, pick pinecones, or be pulled on a sled.
- There are multiple longer trails from the neighborhood to Hawley Grade and Dardanelles Lakes.
- Take a walk around the neighborhood trail or take a sled to the “slopes” off the neighborhood trail.
- Start and end your day with meals cooked in the spacious gourmet kitchen with plenty of space and countertop area for multiple cooks. There are two TVs, one on each floor.
- This 4-bedroom 3-bath house has plenty of room for groups to spread out.
- The master bedroom looks out on the river. In addition to the upstairs master suite, the downstairs bedroom also has an attached bath. The entire house and deck have high speed wireless internet. Sit out on the deck to enjoy the peaceful backyard or to soak in the hot tub while looking up at the Milky Way.
1-2 portable AC units are provided upon request. Please make sure to let your host know if you expect them.